June 18, 2013

Introducing Me: Part 2

Hey!

My name is Beau. I'm fifteen years old and from Waycross, Georgia. I'm the middle of three children, proud mother of Zooey and Craigy, my beloved yorkie-poo and beta fish. I've been given the opportunity to have you get to know me better and hopefully to get to know you as well.

I was actually a very quiet child, not even speaking until I was two years old. I was raised by a stay-at-home Mom and a very busy accountant Dad. I spent almost my entire elementary and middle school scholastic career trying my very best not to do any more talking than necessary. As you can imagine, being that I didn't talk, I didn't make very many friends; no enemies, but no friends, either. I kept to myself and focused all of my time and energy on school work, church, and my family, something I could never regret doing. So I guess that you could say from an early age, I noticed that I didn't click with other kids my age. Things were supposed to make sense and making friends was supposed to be easy, but instead, it became just another thing I dreaded. My parents were desperate for me to have a little bit of social interaction, though, so I ended up playing softball from the time that I could hold a bat. I made friends with the other girls, but there was always something that separated us, something that made me not fit so well. It's like I was a puzzle piece that could fit where I was at but would always be a little out of place. Nonetheless, softball was a major part of my life until I got hurt. Following my injury, I made up my mind to be home schooled, beginning in the seventh grade.

This only made the gap between me and other kids my age even larger, further ostracizing me from the bulk of interaction which, to be honest, didn't bother me. Like I said, I was incredibly shy and didn't make friends easily. I was twelve when I realized I wanted more for my life than to be an accountant, a veterinarian, or a lawyer. I wanted to be anything that could get me to a place where things happen on a larger scale. My sister, Luci, had already begun singing and acting in church at the time (we later found out she was inspired to do so with the eventual goal of becoming Mrs. Nick Jonas) and eventually, I faked up enough courage to join her. We decided to sing together quickly, and the rest is history. For once in my life, I felt like I belonged somewhere, doing something. I knew something from the time that I sang for the first time. I can't actually tell you what I knew, because I don't actually know yet. I just know that it felt right and it felt like no matter how hard it was going to be, I was in it for life. I knew, and still know, that the road to making a career out of this is going to be increasingly hard. It's going to take work everyday-work that not everyone else has to do-because we're not going to do what everyone else is going to do.

My sister made the first move with our parents, as I was terrified of being told no. For some reason, our parents didn't laugh at us. My mom was particularly supportive from the get-go; my dad assumed it was some phase we were going through, similar to the ones of being princesses and zombie slayers that we'd previously voiced. Eventually, though, he got on board and realized that we were one hundred percent serious about this. Now, nearly five years later, there have been moments that I honestly wonder, "What on earth could I possibly be thinking, trying to make something out of nothing?" But then, there are other moments that it all becomes worth it, worth all of the blood, sweat, tears, hopes, and dreams we've put into this thing, because we've known forever that we were different. The rest of it is really just details. We weren't raised in a musically gifted home, but somehow, music is who we are, who I am. It's who I am, and if I get to spend the rest of my life proving that to everyone else, then I'd count myself as one of the lucky ones. I know that this is just the very beginning of something fantastic, and I'm just glad that I get to share this with everyone I know.

But now that you know practically every detail of my childhood, let me tell you about me in the present. I'm not anywhere close to being as eloquent of a writer as my best friend, Luci(fer), but you'll just have to suffer through with me, and I swear I'll try and make it short! I'm a singer a song writer, fairy-tale lover, dreamer, a literature-addict, and a dragon slayer. Contrary to the female stereotype, I can be completely happy with some music, a good book, and some Twinings Irish Breakfast Tea. I've read To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee on the upside of seven times, and I've never gotten tired of it, as it is one of my favorite books in the whole orld. I've got a bad habit of being completely lost in books and living in a continuous book hangover, oftentimes mourning the deaths of my favorite characters (enter: Finnick Odair.) I loved Steven Chbosky's The Perks of Being a Wallflower, in both book and movie form, as well as the entire Percy Jackson series (Okay, who else cannot WAIT until Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters comes out?!) and a certain post-apocalyptic death match series (The Hunger Games). I'm a massive Warm Bodies fan (freaking R,, okay?), and an even bigger Harry Potter fan (No one wanted Umbridge dead more than this girl right here.) I sometimes wake up at six o'clock in the morning and turn on old favorites like The Lion King, Mulan, Cinderella, and Snow White, and all those other Disney movies, because I definitely never grew out of them. I watch a mix of television shows, like Pretty Little Liars (anyone else missing Holden and Mike?), FRIENDS, The Lying Game, River Monsters (okay, Jeremy is a beast.), Impractical Jokers, and my all time favorite: Alaska State Troopers.

Being a singer makes it 100% impossible to not absolutely adore all music and respect almost every artist (well, those who are worthy of respect, anyways) and listen to really, really broad spectrum of music. Some of my favorite artists are The Ramones, Maroon 5, Rihanna, Marina and the Diamonds, The Dixie Chicks, Olly Murs, Pixie Lott, One Direction, Little Mix (Zerrie!), Ke$ha, Avril Lavigne, Cher Lloyd, Ed Sheeran, and Coldplay. I love my family, and I have a very close knit group of friends that I absolutely adore. I'm a firm believer in the luck of the Irish, an insufferable romantic, a frequent user of sarcasm, and I live to make Mr. Rogers proud.

Thanks for all of your support and love. Here's hoping that it lasts forever!

Eggo Waffles and Guten tag; I wish you good sleeps and mental health,

x - Beau

No comments:

Post a Comment